Ok, you can move away from the cliff now, please don’t jump! It seems the geniuses at Apple got this upgrade right! Let’s go in reverse to build up to the suspense of what I believe to be the top 5 upgraded features for IOS7.
5. Swipe Down –No more Spotlight – Now all you have to do is a simple swipe down, and a search box appears on the top of your screen. The search box allows you to search through the phone without switching screens. So instead of going to contacts, and strolling through 1000 people, simply type their name in the search bar, and they magically appear!
4. Camera Upgrades – How frustrating was it to pull your phone out to video at a concert, or professional game, only to realize you are too far away! Thanks to this upgrade, you can now zoom in on video and if that wasn’t enough, they added filters to the camera that can be used when taking the photo. When you press the 3 colored circles, 9 filter choices appear. Choose from Mono, Tonal, Noir, Fade, None, Chrome, Process, Transfer, and Instant.
3. Lock Screen Feature – While the screen is locked, you can now access your notifications with a swipe down from the top of your screen, and access your control center with a swipe up from the bottom of your screen. Your control center gives you quick access to your flashlight, calculator, camera, and music player.
2. Siri Upgrade – This young woman has grown up! She now understands more commands like, “Open Safari”, “Change Brightness”, “Search Twitter”, “What are the scores from last night NFL game”, “Check missed calls”, “find a good bar”, she even sorts them by star rating. Siri is more proactive than she has ever been. If she misunderstands you, she knows to keep asking questions that lead to what you want.
1. My number one upgrade is……….. Block Callers. Are you tired of bill collectors, spam, or just an annoying ex? You can now block them from your phone, the same way you block them from your life. The first way of blocking is to go to Settings >Phone> Blocked>add new. The second way of blocking is, tapping the Phone icon, and next to the person’s name or number you will see the letter i inside of a circle. Click on that, stroll down and block!
That’s my top 5! Of course the new IOS7 has many more upgrades than that, but if you want to know what they are, I suggest you ask Siri.