Launching and maintaining a website is essential for your business. As phone books are essentially
extinct as most individuals now obtain vital information through the Internet, your website becomes the best way to draw in possible customers. Now, if you do not have tens of thousands of dollars to pay a high-end Web designer, yet do not have much knowledge on your own, you do not need to worry. There are a few ways you can create a website that not only helps your customers, but does not suck in the process.
- Simplicity-You need to keep your website information simple. Have you visited a site with paragraph after paragraph of content? If you have, chances are you turned around before you started to read. Avoid this mistake by using bullet points, short paragraphs and direct information. Simplicity is key.
- Social Media Integration- Social media is more than sharing cat videos online. It is a way to interact directly with your customers. Plus, by integrating your social media accounts with the website you help improve your search engine optimization ranking (SEO).
- Easy on the Graphics- Too many front loading graphics and videos reduce the speed of your website loading. If your website does not load quickly, possible viewers are just going to go somewhere else for their information.
- Google Maps- If you run a brick and mortar store, you can have your store listed on Google Maps. This helps your SEO and you can place the map directly on your website.
- Videos- While you do not want an over abundance of videos and graphics, a single video per page is a great way to provide media interaction with your clients, not to mention it gives you a video search feature on search engines as well.