Will blogging actually help your business make money and increase search engine rankings? The short answer is yes and here’s how.
The Benefits of Blogging
Blogging is one of the most powerful techniques used today. It can significantly increase your bottom line but only if it’s done right.
Here are some of the many benefits of blogging.
- Increased visibility. The more information you publish on the web, the more traffic you’ll receive coming back to your website. The search engines love fresh information!
- More indexed pages. One of the ways search engines rate trust and credibility is by how many indexed pages it’s website has. However, a larger website doesn’t always mean it’s a better source of information. Especially if the information isn’t helpful and reliable. Make sure the content you’re publishing is original, accurate, and helpful.
- Internal linking. Internal links are like a roadmap for the search engine.s This makes it easier for them to understand what your website is all about, which will help your website rank higher.
- Social media shares. Blogging makes it easier for people to share your content. As you know, information that goes viral is like receiving free money and free brand exposure. The more you blog, the better your chances of your content going viral. This will then increase your brand’s exposure at no cost to you.
- Builds authority and trust in your brand. Your content is meant to educate your readers on any given topic. As you continue to blog, you are establishing yourself as an expert in your field.
Blogging, SEO, and Your Bottom Line.
Blogging will boost your SEO (Search Engine Optimization) efforts exponentially if it’s done right. Search engines love fresh content. If you blog consistently and post helpful, relevant information, you will be giving the search engines new content to index. I will also be building relationships with your current customers and potential customers as well.
What About Keywords?
Another one of the benefits of blogging, and this is a major one, are keywords. You can embed a wide variety of industry related keywords into your content. This will increase your exposure on the search engine results pages.
The Bottom Line
Blogging isn’t just a task that must be done as part of your marketing efforts. It’s a unique way to develop relationships with your customers and potential customers alike. The more people who like and feel connected to your brand will ultimately result in more trust and a higher brand authority. Likeability coupled with brand authority, and trust is what leads to loyal, lifelong customers, as well as increased word of mouth referrals and great online reviews.
So, will blogging really help increase your bottom line?
You bet it will!