If your company is e-commerce based, then it is vital that you choose the right host for your company’s website. A host that is not optimized for e-commerce is constantly down, or has sluggish load times can be fatal to a company that relies on selling their goods or services on the internet. Profit losses occur for every minute your website is down, and if customers have to wait more than three seconds for a site to load studies have shown they will bounce.
Those two facts alone are reason enough why your company needs a top-flight site host. Finding a dependable and secure site host is not always easy; you have to make sure it fits the size and traffic of your site. If you are not sure which site host to choose, here are some suggestions that may help you.
In Motion Hosting
If your company is small to mid-sized company and is on a tight budget but it still needs to ensure it has a site host optimized for e-commerce than In Motion Hosting is for you.
In Motion Hosting is noted for its reasonable pricing and comprehensive feature set, and its all-inclusive hosting solutions. They also have plans that you can upgrade to as your business grows. Their security is not weak but it is not top of its field either, but you will not find a better level of security at the prices being offered.
Here are some of In Motion Hosting’s noteworthy features:
- Dedicated IP addresses for their non-shared hosting plans.
- Multiple SSL options.
- PCI compliant
- Supports many e-commerce platforms including PrestaShop, OpenCart, Magento, and WooCommerce.
- 24-hour support.
- Automatic data backups.
- Fast Load Times.
SiteGround is an excellent choice for e-commerce companies because it does not take a one size fits all approach to its plans. SiteGround tailors its hosting to meet the needs of platforms such as WooCommerce, Magento, and PrestaShop.
Like In Motion Hosting SiteGround offers reasonably priced plans. They have a top flight support team and reliable security. Here are some of SiteGround’s noteworthy features:
- Web Application Firewall (WAF).
- Free Let’s Encrypt certificates.
- Custom hosting plans for several significant e-commerce platforms.
- 24-hour support.
- Fully PCI compliant (for top end plans).
- Daily backup service.
- Fast Load Times.
Shopify is the King of e-commerce web hosting. If you want a company that is not overpriced and has been there and done that when it comes to hosting e-commerce sites, then Shopify is the company for you. Not overpriced, easy to set up, and will work flawlessly with your e-commerce platform.
Here are some of Shopify’s noteworthy features:
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Level 1 PCI compliance.
- You can use your existing domain name or purchase one from Shopify.
- Easy setup with instant upgrades.
- Shopify boasts a 99.98% uptime.
- Extremely fast load times from a massive content delivery network.
- Unlimited email forwarding.
A2Hosting is not as well known as the other site hosts we listed, but it belongs in the same echelon. It offers e-commerce hosting solutions that support most well-used platforms, like PrestaShop, OpenCart, Magento, and WooCommerce.
Here are some of A2Hosting’s noteworthy features:
- Dual firewall system.
- One-click setups for nearly all major e-commerce platforms.
- Automatic backups and server rewind functionality available for some of their plans.
- Dedicated IP addresses are available for around $2 per month (at the time this was written).
- Free SSL certificates.
- Fast load times.
When it comes to which of these companies will best fit your e-commerce hosting needs, it is best to do additional research. When you have chosen a host, you can be sure that you can avoid costly downtime, security issues, and slow load times. Having the right host really will enhance your e-commerce performance.